Opening for Operator II (Water/Wastewater)
The mountain resort community of Sun Peaks, British Columbia attracts thousands of visitors annually to our world-class destination resort located a 45 minute drive north-east of Kamloops, BC. To meet the demands of our fast paced growth, Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality has an opening for another qualified operator bringing our team to 7 operators.
Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality operates a Level II water treatment and water distribution system and Level I wastewater collection and Level III wastewater treatment system for the resort community. Our three Water treatment plants are supplied by deep water wells and utilize high pressure green sand filters to remove some mineralization prior to distributing the potable water throughout the resort. We are looking for a high energy individual excited about becoming a key member of our team; a team that is dedicated to providing quality local government services in an efficient, effective and friendly manner. This position reports to the Director, Public Works Services / Chief Operator and is responsible for operating and maintaining the water and wastewater systems.
- Progressive experience (minimum three years) maintaining water and wastewater utilities, preferably in a local government setting;
- EOCP Class II or higher Water Treatment and Water Distribution Operator Certificates;
- EOCP Class II or higher Wastewater Collection and Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificates;
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s License;
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems and applicable government regulations;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Experience with driving backhoe, skid steer and loader equipment would be preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SCADA monitoring systems; and
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with contractors, developers, applicable regulating agencies, staff, and the general public.
Applicants with other certifications or equipment operational skills may also be considered.
The SPMRM offers a great work environment and an attractive total compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a modified work week and learning opportunities. This is a permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) position with a starting hourly rate of $27.80 increasing to $35.30 based on certification held. Additional certification opportunities are available upon successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
If you are interested in joining an organization with a reputation of being a great place to work, and you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter, with references, no later than 4:30pm, Friday May 31, 2018. Or visit our website at www.sunpeaksutilities.com for more information. If you are interested in joining our growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – Utility Division
Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality
106 – 3270 Village Way, Sun Peaks, BC, V5E 5N0
By fax: 250-578-2023 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that candidates who do not necessarily meet all the listed requirements for this position may also be considered for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.